|This is a small, fairly insignificant stone, probably marking
the boundary of one of William Bagshaw's leases marked on the Brailsford survey of 1781 -
probably the south-east corner of the meer adjacent to the Minikin & Co meer. The
lettering on this stone is remarkably similar to the lettering on the
other stone initialled WB. It is known that a lease was
granted in 1774 for 21 years by William, Duke of Devonshire, to William Bagshaw of Coats
Hall in Derbyshire of mines on Grassington out Moor.