|This is an upright stone about 40 cm high and 60 cm
wide. The inscription is very eroded and has been picked out with peat in the photograph.
The stone appears to be located at the boundary of three leases marked on the Brailsford
1781 survey – Tennant & Co, Topham & Co, and Chippendale & Co. See
Meerstone 59 for the stone that marks the north-west corner
of the same meer. Tennant's leased four meers at this time, and two others of their stones
have also been recorded as Meerstone 42 and
Meerstone 59. The death of John Tenant is recorded in the
Linton Parish register for 1792. Photography courtesy of John Crossland.